12.2.17

New Odeon cinema in BH2 is pure luxury!

I don't go to the cinema enough. I often went to the cinema in West12 shopping center in Shepherds Bush or Westfield across the road when I lived in London, and it was always an easy and fun occasion. We'd sneak food in my massive handbag, spend around 5 minutes arguing over which seats to take (Mum would complain that she didn't want to sit too close and get a crick in her neck, David would want to sit allll the way at the back for some unknown reason, Dad wanted to sit at the end of an isle, Kayleigh would just sigh, and I just want to sit maybe 20% away from the screen in the middle, prime viewing seat.), eat half the popcorn before the film starts and comment 'that looks good' at every film trailer. It's great fun. 

Some people see going to the cinema as a nostalgic thing nowadays. I suppose because you can get the latest movies on your tv, sticks, apps, downloads, or any other form of digital copy, so what's the point in forking out money to go and see a film once?

The answer? An experience. 

When I go to the cinema, I like to sit in a nice chair, watch a new movie on a good quality screen, eat some tasty snacks and feel comfortable enough to be absorbed in whatever I'm watching. Especially if its a movie that I've been waiting to see for a long time, I want to really enjoy it.  

Now with Odeons new cinema in BH2, I can have all of these things and even more. Some of the new and innovative features are beyond what I expected when visiting on their gala evening with Laura from MaxandMummy




The foyer is a large room with a multitude of places to buy snacks and beverages, all the chocolate you could ever want. BUT - if that doesn't tickle your fancy, then make your way up the tron-like escalators. 


Right behind you lies a magical sight, on the wall in red luminous letters spells the word "Bar". A glass of Baileys and a movie sounds good right about now. 



Usually the plan for an evening out to the cinema is food, then movie, or vice versa. If you don't have the time to have some food then the standard choice for something warm is hotdogs or nachos. Bit boring to be honest. And as a pescatarian I'm left with just the one option. Wouldn't it be nice to go into the cinema with some proper food with real flavour? Something that doesn't taste like processed ew? Like, I don't know... pizza? And not just pepperoni or mozzarella.


I'm gonna tell you right now, the Fungi pizza is my favourite. I haven't even tried anything else on the menu but I know it's the best. Mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, mozzarella, cheddar and tomato. The second its in your mouth its an instant burst of flavour, like proper pizza should have. So pop up to the bar, order some savouries, have yourself a cocktail or two and munch away looking over Bournemouth. (if it were day time I'm sure you'd have a lovely view in this picture, unfortunately my camera doesn't do it justice, but look at that couch! I did a quality control test on that couch, its a good couch.)


Or! If you're running late or just don't fancy having a sit down meal but you're still hungry, feel free to just take your food with you! Soon enough, you can have pizza whilst watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2. I will 100% be doing that, guaranteed. 


And don't worry about sitting in uncomfortable cinema seats for 2+ hours, comfort is high priority in the new iSense screen. 




Like, press-a-button-and-all-of-a-sudden-you're-pretty-much-lying-down-on-your-couch-eating-pizza comfy. I'm not kidding. A little table that pivots to make eating easier and your clothes safer from crumbs, a plush combined double seated sofa for you and a friend to share, and a 9 million pixel screen for the best quality to watch the movie of your choice.


For those of you with tiny children with far too much energy to even entertain the idea of sitting down for over a hour, Odeon now has a 'kids screen', which I think is a fantastic idea. A smaller room with a soft play area in the front (I also did a quality control on this area, the shark is the best) to keep your Duracell bunnies busy. 



Odeon have done very well to make watching films at the cinema a worth while experience, I know that this is going to be my regular cinema from now on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment