16.9.16

Whoops.

I had intentions of uploading a few times over the past week, I really have. But between work and the insatiable need to read Sarah J Maas I have been a little preoccupied. 

Since I last updated there has been some bloody great booking news! Sarah J Maas released the fifth installment to the Throne of Glass series, Empire of Storms. I've only just started reading it today and I'm so excited. The series just keeps getting better and better, and I can't wait to see what happens to Manon and her Thirteen, Rowan and Aelin, and Dorian of course! AND- Throne of Glass is going to be a tv series! It's gonna be called Queen of Shadows and I think their aim is to have a 'Game of Thrones' like quality to it. Apparently it's going to start from book one too! If they manage to pull that off then holyshitwowomfgyesplease. I don't know how they're going to do some of the characters justice though, like Rowan, or Lysandra. Or even the Fae transformations. I might just have to ignore all of this until there's more news.


I also picked up a copy of A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir! I didn't think I was going to get the hardback, as my copy of An Ember in the Ashes is in paperback, but after seeing the pretty, shiny cover I gave into temptation. I think the people I work with are starting to understand that my flurry of buying lots of books when I first started at Waterstones is going to be a long term thing. 

(picture taken by http://penguinteen.tumblr.com/)

So many books are becoming tv series/movies! 

Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas is going to be a Tv series called Queen of Shadows! I'm still freaking out about this! 

Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman is going to be a BBC Tv series! Adapted by the same guy that brought you The Youngers, Levi David Addi, and Matthew Graham who has worked on things like Doctor who! 

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard is going to be a movie! Directed by Elizabeth Banks who you might also know as Effie Trinket. 

Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman is going to be a movie directed by Brad Pitt! I'm suuuper excited to see where this one goes as I loved the book. 

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline is going to be another Sci-Fi movie! Directed by none other than Steven Spielberg! 

And basically everything John Green writes is going to be made into something. 

Of course Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs comes out on September 30th! I already have plans to go and see it! 


It's too much. Too much excitement for me to deal with. All these things I want to do and buy and not an infinite bank account. -cries forever-

No comments:

Post a Comment