21.8.16

BAKE OFF BAKE OFF BAKE OFF

WHO ELSE IS DESPERATELY EXCITED FOR THE GREAT BRITISH BAKE OFF TO BE BACK ON THE 24TH?! I AM! ME! 





I only really got into Bake Off last year. And ever since then, when I almost cried at Mary Berry's small interview after the glorious Nadia Hussain rightfully won, I've been in love. As a kind-of sort-of maybe-okay baker myself, I love watching other people bake and getting any tips and tricks to me to use in the kitchen myself. Although to be honest, it's kind of a bad idea because they make it look so easy and then I get way to cocky, and end up crying into my sunken chocolate cake wondering why did I decided to do a 5 tier snowman cake in the first place. 


Basic cakes are about my limit. I've never been one to make a work of art with icing, fruits, or the many many macarons that were made in GBBO 2015. I think 'homemade' cake is about the least insulting I can describe them as. Although, for lack of presentation I usually make up with taste! In any case, I'm really looking forward to this years Bake Off! The puns, oh god, the puns. All the innuendos, the faces, the drama! The passion that people put into their limited time to create something magical, is inspirational to watch. It's always fun to watch people who do something they love. And it's such a euphoric moment when you've been rooting for someone, and they win! Nadiya is a fabulous woman. I don't even know her and I would let her into my home and have a natter. One of the most genuine people on tv, and a brilliant family person. And I can tell you that because I've read her cookbook!



(Click on the picture to get a SIGNED COPY of Nadiya's Kitchen!)

I don't think anyone can successfully compete Nadiya's pure talent and imagination this year, but I'm willing to bet there's gonna be some great competition! I'm so excited! YAY BAKE OFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment