25.11.16

November Illumicrate! WARNING!! SPOILERS!!

It's Illumicrate month! YAY! This is my second Illumicrate and once again I'm very happy with everything that we've got this month. Since I'm not currently living at my house, I had to pop home to pick up my deliveries and basically I got too excited and opened the crate in the car! WORMS. EVERYWHERE. But I digress... 




First up we have a gorgeous little coffee cosy, an exclusive from Sparrow + Wolf, which lets face it, is probably going to be pretty damn useful over these colder months. I always end up switching hands every 20 seconds as my fingers slowly incinerate. I love the design, obviously, and I love that it's environmentally-friendly! Yay for the environment! 





Then we have a cool exclusive notebook from House of Wonderland. I was beginning to lose track of all my evil plans and dastardly deeds, so this is perfect. Just peeking through their website, I'm seeing lots of things that I might have to add my Christmas list. 




I love bookish candles. Like a lot. Some I burn, but most of the time I just keep them looking pretty on my bookshelves and smell them occasionally. Considering I always have Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff face out on my shelf, I know exactly where this candle from MerakiCandles is going to sit. Aidan, the crazy AI is my favourite character, I can really appreciate a bit of madness. This exclusive candle is a brilliant addition to my growing collection. 




As I am keeping to my theme of Thor oyster card holders, this Six of Crows card holder will be serving a different purpose by keeping all my train and bus tickets together as opposed to me losing them in the depths of my bag. I still have yet to read Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, but I'm pretty sure I know I'm gonna love it. Having the preorder gift of a Crooked Kingdom tote bag too, these go quite nice together. 




I've never taken part in #SockSunday, mainly because as a size 9 I'd prefer not to compare the size of my foot to the size of a book, I'll only come out disappointed. Now that's not to say I don't like a good pair of socks though. I don't understand people who don't wear socks with shoes, unless they're shoes like Toms or slip-ons. The cosier the better. I'm always game for socks, and these polka-dot socks from Happy Socks fit the bill. 




I have often contemplated getting a wolf tattoo, I'm not really sure about the pose or colouring, but it's definitely on my radar. I haven't yet read Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin but these temporary tattoos are pretty cool.  




Another book that I don't know much about, but I will definitely be flicking through this taster of The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr, a new YA book for 2017. 




My current read is Caraval by Stephanie Garber, and oh my god I love it. If you're a fan of The Night Circus then you'll definitely want to pick up this one when it drops in January 2017. I'll be posting a review too so look out for that! This cute post card will be going on my bookshelf with the other Caraval goodies I got recently. Already thinking this one is going to be a 5* btw. 




Even more post cards for Holding up the Universe and on the back All the Bright Places by Jeffiner Niven. And one more from Unconventional by Maggie Harcourt, soon to be released in February 2017. 




A very creative print filled with quotes from Replica by Lauren Oliver, and a Christmassy gift tag that says "I'll be home for Christmas". Which is ironic considering I'm not going to be home for Christmas this year. I'll save it for next year... 




And finally, we get to the book. As I work at Waterstones, when Illumicrate month comes about I have to think about what I buy as it's almost like buying things before Christmas. I had a feeling I knew what book was going to be in this months box, and low and behold I was right! The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid is a recently released YA book that is high on peoples TBR lists. I've been told that fans of The Red Queen will love this book. With a matching bookmark, a signed bookplate and a lovely letter from the author, I'm excited to read this! 



Once again, I'm chuffed with all the bits and bobs we got, and I'm already browsing through websites with the Illumicrate discount codes in hand. If you haven't yet subscribed to a book subscription box then I highly recommend Illumicrate. The owner is lovely and puts real thought and effort into everything she picks. Go and subscribe now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment