3.10.16

Are you going to accept this change?

Horoscopes. People really invest in their horoscopes, and lots of people actually let them dictate their daily decisions, they let them make judgments about people before they've met them, they even let them choose their lottery numbers! 

For instance, I'm a Virgo. 

Now apparently that makes me a perfectionist, judgmental, modest, reserved, intelligent and reliable. My ruling planet is Mercury, my element is Earth and my symbol is a Maiden. I'm not one to follow my horoscope, I like reading them and reading others as well, but I do it mainly for the fun of it. And I don't think any less of people who fully commit themselves to their horoscopes either, live and let live. 

BUT WAIT


You may not have realised that your horoscope might have changed! Look at the dates below for yourself.


Capricorn: Jan. 20 to Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 to March 11
Pisces: March 11 to April 18
Aries: April 18 to May 13
Taurus: May 13 to June 21
Gemini: June 21 to July 20
Cancer: July 20 to Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10 to Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16 to Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30 to Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23 to Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29 to Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17 to Jan. 20

Now being born on the 17th of September, I don't actually have to worry about throwing out my Virgo mug. But lots of people have just had their life upended. And who do you have to blame for this? The Babylonians. NASA has confirmed and blogged about this, but essentially the Babylonians were being a little bit lazy when they created the zodiac 3000 years ago. Having a 12 month calendar and 13 signs seemed a little tricky for them, so they kicked out Orphiuchus. NASA couldn't give a flying feck about astrology, so after doing the maths they dropped a bomb and watched the world burn.

I've already spoken to a few people about their change in horoscope, one man with a Leo tattoo wasn't very pleased. Some people are just ignoring this change all together, refusing to believe that their horoscope could be something different after having their one for so long. But does this mean that peoples personality traits will change? Will people slowly conform to what their horoscope is telling them? I'd love to do a covert conditioning observation but I don't think me following people around with binoculars and a notebook would fly. 

For now, I'll just have fun watching people's lives fall apart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment