6.8.16

Animal testing

I'm not going to make a massive post about this, because I don't want this blog to be about such serious topics. I want this to be a place where you can come to have a natter and maybe find a new book/tv program to watch! But something happened today that effected me for quite a while at work.

Today I had a customer that made a joke about how they wished a company would do animal testing on their products.

As someone who doesn't eat meat for moral reasons, this struck a chord. I think they must have know that it was the wrong thing to say by my reaction. I didn't say anything apart from suggesting she uses Lush as their products were all natural and they are fully against animal testing.

I don't like to influence peoples morals too much, apart from making people aware when appropriate. Like I wouldn't say "you shouldn't eat meat" because that's not my place. But animal testing is a different ball game. Unnecessary torture of animals is wrong and useless. And I think it's the people who are ignorant to the actual facts of animal testing, that think that it actually benefits them.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that as it really had an effect on my day.

Live and let live.

No comments:

Post a Comment